From Memprotein Wiki
Attempting to understand search engine optimization could be confusing and daunting. Whether you are a new or seasoned business owner there are some basic techniques you should know to ensure your site is completely optimized.
I have summarized the confusing technical jargon that includes "search engine optimization" into laymen's terms to higher help you understand how to make sure your site is SEO friendly.
1. Make sure that web crawlers can easily index the content in your site. A quick method to tell if your articles is indexable is - if you can copy and paste it, than indexable. What this means is the written text and then any graphics on the page are separate layers, making the text-based content simple to index.
2. Give a site map. Site maps essentially create a guide of the website, ensuring that all of the content on all of your pages can be effortlessly indexed. Don't worry if you don't know how to produce a sitemap. Go to "XML sitemaps.com" to download a free XML sitemap.
3. Choose keywords that are relevant to the content of the page. Relevancy is really a "key" factor in SEO. Also, try and stick to 2-3 keywords per page. Contributing to many keywords only creates confusion when attempting to look for the pages specific topic.
4. Create custom page titles for the pages of the site that you would like optimized. If possible, make use of the keywords listed in your META-Tag. Web crawlers scan the title of you page looking for keywords and relevancy that suits keywords and content within the page.
5. Create custom META descriptions for your pages. Again, crawlers are looking over this description looking for matches to your keywords. Make sure to incorporate these in your description. Also, remember that only 23 words will be displayed beneath your link on the search results page. Choose what you are saying wisely.
6. Don't under estimate the power of the H-tags. These heading tags tell search engines like google this content is important and requires to be given special attention. Try to utilize keywords because well.
7. If possible attempt to integrate keywords inside your website name. It isn't really as simple, but incorporating them into your URL is. Simply range from the keywords within the individual page names.
8. Write high quality, specific content. Your content must not just draw your visitors in, but have them there. Keep your content specific to one topic. Search engines like one topic content pages, this allows for simple identification to keyword matches. Make sure to incorporate your keywords several times within each page content, a 400-1000 word count is usually ideal.
9. Don't forget to optimize ALT tags; these may also be indexed for image search results.